Saturday, December 20, 2008

Does That Make Me Crazy?

I was planning on doing a 7 mile run today, but changed my mind when I stepped outside to get the newspaper. It was cold. 3 degrees with windchill type of cold. Much more colder than I had anticipated.

I was going to scrap running altogether, and maybe run tomorrow, but then I saw that the weather is supposed to be even colder tomorrow. So, I mustered up the courage to go out and run 4.5 miles. It actually wasn't bad as long as I wasn't running into the wind. When I ran north or west into the stiff, cold wind, it was brutal. I had to apologize to my face because that's the only part of my body that wasn't covered and it really felt the force of the arctic blasts.

Anyway, the whole way I had the Gnarles Barkley song "Crazy" stuck in my head......appropriate, I thought....

6 comments:

J said...

I hate running into the wind! Way to get out there in the cold and run!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

appropriate song choice for sure LOL. Good job getting it done, i think i'm going to wimp out and use the TM today as our streets are still snow covered, slushy and it's cold too.

joyRuN said...

Thanks for stopping over the insanity that's become my blog :)

Good job getting the 4.5 in. Nothing like the threat of even worse weather to just get out there.

Unknown said...

A very appropriate song. That is sooooo cold!

RunToTheFinish said...

well you are braver than I am! I didn't think i could stomach it, so it's dreadmill for moi

Anonymous said...

That is definitely below my threshold of 20 degrees. When I see single digit windchills, I stay inside. I did run one time in the middle of a thunderstorm around a lake. With lightning. If you're crazy, then so am I. You're my favorite kind of person. LOL!

Oh, and in regards to the shower post, yes, I have also forgotten sometimes whether I've washed my hair or not. You're not alone.