Thursday, December 31, 2009

Why some organizations succeed and others...

You want to maximize response? You have to minimize options. Will a picture help? Lucky for you, I just happen to have one here:




Running Update
I have been to a physical therapist twice in the last week for ultrasound and cold fusion treatment of my foot..btw, has anyone ever had ultrasound treatments? are they legit? they are supposed to promote blood flow and speed healing....I thought originally it was my plantars fasciitis acting up again, but now I think it's just a strained foot muscle, so I'm taking a few weeks off...Frosty 5K on New Years day won't happen for me this year....I'm trying to be smarter so I can keep from being injured all the time....hoping to begin training in Feb for a spring half marathon...

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!

8 comments:

The Navy Christian said...

In high school I had ultrasound therapy to release a neck spasm that had locked my neck into one position. It was a fairly simple procedure and by the end of the day I was good to go. Even showed up for the football game that night that I had thought I wouldn't get to play in. So yes, I would say it works.

Aka Alice said...

I had one PT who used ultrasound on my PF and it seemed to help and had almost an immediate effect, but the PF returned, so I went to another PT who didn't use it, but who used massage and who made me do squats & lunges & stretches to strengthen my other leg muscles. This also worked, but took a lot longer. I continue to do the strength work and the PF hasn't returned...

I think there are lots of ways to treat injuries.

LOVE the pictures BTW...Happy New Year!

Mark said...

Never had the ultrasound, but that's some pretty fancy work you're getting done on that foot! Hope the PT works for you and you can get back on track for 2010.

Unknown said...

I've had electrical stimulation therapy - which i did NOT like. would have prefered ultrasound. hope it works for you!

Happy new Year!

Jess said...

Like Alice said, there are many ways to treat an injury and that's because every injury is unique. Try several methods and see what works best.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

ugh... feel like I've had every possible treatment. I've also questioned it since I really couldn't feel anything either, so I'd like to think it was doing something...regardless, it was always nice to have 10 minutes during treatment to close my eyes.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Oh, and Happy New Year! --- Hope your foot feels better soon!

IzzyBubbles said...

I had ultrasound on my hip several times about a year ago when I was having major issues - it seemed to help quite a bit. Of course, it might have been all mental, but whatever works.

Best of luck staying injury free, sometimes I think that's 90% of the battle.