Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Meet Bill Mallonee


From Athens, Georgia, Bill Mallonee is a phenomenal songwriter, musician and artist. I believe he has a lot more talent than most of the artists on the radio today. I wish more people knew about him. That's why I'm introducing you. He is the former lead singer/songwriter for one of my favorite bands, Vigilantes of Love, who unfortunately disbanded in 2001. I saw them twice in concert and they were incredible. I have a couple of their songs on my iPod that I run to. Bill continues to write and perform as a solo artist, and though he has released 25 albums during his career, he has only made one music video, "Resplendent," below. It's not my favorite V.O.L. song, but it's still pretty good. Enjoy.




Running Update
12 days until my OKC half marathon! Yikes!
Ran 3 miles last night, 5.5 this morning, including 3 at speedwork pace of 8:30. Will try to get another 3-4 in tonight and 3-4 tomorrow morning. I am cramming these runs in because we are driving 10 hours to Illinois on Thursday for my wife's college reunion. I will be doing my last long run, a 12 miler, in Illinois. Then maybe a short run or two the week leading up to the race.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

The Half is getting closer, your gonna rock! BTW, I love listening to new artists.

RunToTheFinish said...

12 days are you freaking out yet??? OKC is so wonderful and you are so ready for a great race!

Janice {Run Far} said...

You are cramming.... wow.... I might have to go for another run tonight cause I didn't get enough miles in this morning... only 3 and I really wanted 6 but with my sick 3 yr old I was lucky to get 3

About your comment on my blog.... I got her a one way ticket for $150 and then her brother in law got her a buddy pass on Delta for $60... She is super broke right now (damn recesstion) and so I paid for it.. but $210 isn't bad... and my hubby owes me ;)

Janice {Run Far} said...

Spelling... oops

Chris said...

I'm liking the tune selection. Looks like it;s time to cash in some I-tunes funds!

Rookie on the Run said...

I love finding new music/artists. I'll have to look his stuff up on iTunes.

12 days until your half... wow! You must be super excited! :D