Monday, November 24, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the Oz Runner blog, a blog about my experience in discovering the sport of running. Earlier this year, my wife and I entered a local "Biggest Loser" weight loss challenge in my hometown of Wichita, KS. We did not win, but it served as great inspiration for us to exercise and eat right. I lost about 25 pounds during the course of the 3 month challenge, from mostly doing an elliptical 5-6 days a week, and eating healthy.

I discovered the sport of running about 3 months later, and got hooked. I run about 4 times a week now, and hope to keep it up. I am new to the sport of running, and have been learning a lot by following other people's blogs and through podcasts. I am not fast, but hope to imrove my speed, stamina, and overall health.

I had my longest run yet yesterday -- 7 miles at a 9:06 pace. The pace I run is usually about 8:30-9:15, depending on the length of the run. I am amazed when I hear runners on their blogs talk about running 6:30 or 7:00 pace. I don't know how they do it.

The other milestone I hit about a week ago was the 100 mile mark on my Nike Plus runs.

We are leaving tomorrow for Illinois for our annual Thanksgiving trip to see family and feed our faces. I'm hoping to get a run or two while we are there. It is supposed to be cold, so I will need to bundle up.

Have a safe and happy thanksgiving.

No comments: