Sunday, November 30, 2008

it's getting colder....


Travelling from Illinois back to Wichita and spending a couple nights in hotels along the way....it was so great to see lots of family yesterday, and we checked in late to a hotel in Illinois last night that was just outside of St Louis...I ran on the treadmill last night a few miles, but I could feel some pain in my shin and heel that was my body telling me it needed a rest, so I won't run today, and probably not tomorrow either....It snowed some today, and it is supposed ot be getting colder this week...not looking forward to having to run in chillier weather...but, as Bruce Murray from The Running Shoe says, there is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing....to a certain extent I agree...if you're bundled up good, the cold weather won't even phase you.....so I am slowly trying to acquire and determine what "appropriate"clothing is for me......we had a great day today...
we went to the Rams-Dolphins game, and then took a ride to the top of the arch....had a fun time with the family...here is a picture of me and the boys at the Rams game...of course, I am wearing my K-State jersey.......
heading back to town tomorrow, and back to reality...

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

I don't know... I'm really not a fan of the KS mornings at 18 degree wind chill.. I think it's because it's dark I think it's colder

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my humble little blog.

I think you will find running to be a wonderful thing - not just for what it does to you physically, but also the relationships that you will make along the way. It is a sport that has a real family spirit to it from top to bottom.

I agree with your post about the marathon. I tell runners who are just starting out to not even think about running one until they have been running consistantly for at least 18 months. The body goes through a ton of changes over that amount of time. The reason certain people (I actually know Dean Karnazes) can run 50 marathons in 50 days is because they have been running high mileage for a very long time. They didn't start out that way. If you stick to the 5k and 10k for awhile and listen to your body, I'm betting you will really come to love the sport.