Saturday, March 20, 2010

March Madness!

(My buddy and I with Wille the Wildcat)

Today is the first day of spring, and the end of my kids' spring break, but it snowed 3-4 inches. How is that for March madness???

I was able to go to Oklahoma City with a buddy of mine to see K-State play in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Our seats were about 4-5 rows up from the court behind the basket, and I'm pretty sure we were on TV a few times. We saw the double overtime game between Florida and BYU, the last second shot win by Northern Iowa over UNLV, the K-State-North Texas game, and about half of the KU-Lehigh game.

We had a blast cheering on Kansas State, and they won easily. We take on BYU this evening for a spot in the sweet sixteen. There have been a lot of really good games so far in the NCAA Tournament, and many upsets, including Northern Iowa knocking off top seeded Kansas. Even though that loss messed up my bracket, I'm not heart broken, I'm a K-State fan, not a KU fan.

Go State!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We got snow too. Crazy for the first day of spring.

Aka Alice said...

Yeah...I think KUs loss today messed up a lot of people's brackets...it did mine.

Have a great time!