Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hornet Hustle 5K

I am still alive. Barely.   I haven't run in a very long time, so I haven't felt the need to blog.  This is a running blog after all.  My last 5K was about a year ago and I haven't run much since.  First it was my lingering foot injury.   I've been to the podiatrist a couple times, wore some custom inserts for awhile, and did some stretching exercises twice a day.   When it seemed like my foot was feeling better, the "Midwest Heat Wave of 2011" kicked in, and I didn't feel like doing anything but staying inside with the AC cranked drinking lemonade.   So I didn't run.   And I've gotten out of shape.  And it showed in yesterday's 5K.

My son's school does a 5K and Fun Run as a fundraiser each year, and I tried to talk my 9 year old into doing the 2 mile or 1 mile, but he wanted to tackle the 5K again.  He totally killed it. sub 30 minute 5K on a cross country course with a few rolling hills.   I didn't see him after about a mile.  I was sucking wind, had to walk-run-walk-run the whole way, and finished about 7 minutes behind him.    He was the first kid from his school to finish.   I told him afterwards that I was proud of him and that it was official---he was faster than me now.

Yesterday was a gut check and a reminder to me that I need to get out there again and run, even if it means I'll be starting over.  Hopefully that means I'll be getting back in shape and blogging again soon.

15 comments:

Lisa said...

It's amazing how fast we lose fitness. Best way to get it back is get out there and start running again. Good luck!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Welcome back on both accounts. We all need a guy check every now and then.

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

Welcome back for the moment at least. Do you think you'll be running the Valley Center BYOK 5k again this year? I might run it.

TiredMamaRunning said...

Welcome back! It's okay to start over again...even healthy to hit the ol reset button. Congrats to Oz Runner Jr for nailing the 5K!

Perry said...

Thank you for sharing and allowing me to come into your world. I would like to be a blessing to you each and everyday. Please share my site with your friends so I may be a blessing to them as well. You can visit me at http://perrythepastor.blogspot.com/

coiua said...

true religion womens

jeans

true religion

womens seven jeans

true religion

womens short jeans

nike free 5.0 v4 running
nike free run shoes
Sacs Louis Vuitton
jeans pas cher
sacoche louis vuitton pas cher
true religion brand jeans outlet
true religion outlet
nike shox store outlet
nike Shox Turbo
nike shox nz
True Religion
True Religion
nike free 5.0 v4 running
nike free 7.0 review
nike free run shoes
True Religion jeans outlet

Beauty Tips said...

It feels good to have read your post. I got a lot of good thoughts here. You must be brilliant to have come with writing articles that could inspire and help a lot of your readers. I feel like going to visit this site more often. Beauty tips

freetop1000 said...

Hello. I visit your weblog. It was fantastic. This is my website www.freetop1000.com Be glad to know your comment.

Boundless Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. said...

Incidentally, I like the way you have structured your site, it is super and very easy to follow. I have bookmarked you and will be back regularly. Thank you
karachi online shopping

Tushar Kumar said...

Nice blog. Keep running. If possible start some bodyweight exercises too. They are highly addictive. Best of luck.

lin741852 said...

burberry tasche
chanel tasche
chloe tasche
gucci tasche
sac dolce gabbana
sac fendi
sac guess soldes
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac gucci
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
tee shirts g star
tee shirts lacoste
tee shirts levis
sac guess
chaussures nike
chaussures puma
sac a main
tee shirts
juicy couture tasche
louis vuitton tasche>
versace tasche
juicy couture bolsas
louis vuitton bolsas
sac louis vuitton>
sac prada
sac versace

yipeng said...

preservation in addition Project 2010 download to personality with no ever before having to end up being directed to your centrally maintained position. Auditing, barcoding, labeling, wiping out previous ancient types with records, and Microsoft Project 2010 moving records to the bin are a handful of behavior that could be done applying details supervision. Just about every file throughout SharePoint Hosting server 2010 presenting the compliance details solution Microsoft Project 2010 download on the perspective menu. Project 2010

zahid ahmed said...

Many of the Online Jobs and Online Earning System in internet online Business, but here is a best and legit online earning systems with life time opportunity.
www.jobzcorner.com

Muhammad Khalid said...

Free Facebook Likes, Free Targeted Facebook Likes, Make Unlimited Likes on your Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Share, Facebook Followers, Facebook Post Like and Share, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Follow, LinkedIn share, Youtube Views Likes and Subscribes
Social Media Marketing is the easy way to increase your Folow Likes and Subsribes
getlikefast.com

Allan Marsh said...

Sometimes all of us need to have breaks between our trainings. I've been reading a blog (militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/) where I have found a perfect advice for such occasions. They wrote about the dietary supplement Multipurpose High-Potency Super Nutritional Complex. It claimed to keep your body toned even if you are not training for a while. I tried it and was pleasantly surprised when my muscles almost did not sore after the post-break training. Moreover, I was able to run as much as I used to before the break.