Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Painted!

Labor Day weekend was anything but restful. Aside from celebrating birthdays/anniversaries with a nice family lunch, and taking a break to watch the K-State game (Go Cats!), we spent all weekend painting the exterior of our house. We kept the base coat the same, but changed the trim from a pastel blue to a tan and brown. We didn't really take before pictures, but here is an idea of the color we replaced:
And here is an "after" photo:

It was a lot of work, and we were extremely tired at the end of each day. I really wanted to go for a long bike ride or run, but I just didn't have the energy in me.

Speaking of bike rides, I got chased by a Rottweiler on my bike about a week ago. He came out of nowhere and starting barking and chasing me, for about 100 yards. I thought he was going to catch me for a minute. I had to turn and speed up to get rid of him. Now I can say that I've been chased by dogs while running AND biking. Why can't people keep their dogs (especially vicious ones) controlled or chained up??


Don't forget to enter my Giveaway , you have until Sept 12th.
Also, Busy Mama Running is having a Giveaway
And so is Shut Up and Run

2 comments:

misszippy said...

Paint job looks nice. I had a rott. chase me once while running, years ago. Scary but all turned out ok. Glad yours did too.

Lindsay said...

looks good! i like how a new coat of paint makes things look fresh and new, but i sure hate all the labor it takes!