Monday, July 19, 2010

Lazy, Crazy Summer


This past month has been crazy busy to work, with a trip to Arkansas, a vacation to Branson, and a quick getaway to Topeka/Lawrence thrown in. Suffice it to say, I haven't been blogging in a while, and I've only run about once a week for the last couple of weeks. Just don't have the time or energy, especially with this mid-to-upper 90's heat we have going on lately. Seriously, all I want to do is jump in a swimming pool most days.
But, I've gotten to do some pretty cool things this past month. Here is a list:
1. I got to ride in my town's July 4th parade with my son's baseball team. This was followed by all kinds of activities in the park where I even entered a horseshoe tournament (?) and won two matches..


Go Red Sox!

2. Took the family on a work trip to NW Arkansas, where we went to a minor league baseball game with some friends and my wife and I were put on the jumbo tron and had to kiss...

At the ball game....we were on the jumbo tron in the background...

3. Got to go swimming with my boys multiple times, and launch my youngest into the water...


Prepare to launch....5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

4. Had an awesome Branson vacation, where we went to Silver Dollar City and Ripley's Believe it or Not....


With the tallest man in the world at Ripleys...



5. Went to a Wichita Wingnuts game with some friends, sat in the skybox, and one of our friends caught a foul ball (okay, she didn't actually catch it but it came right to her and landed at her feet where she picked it up.)
(no picture, forgot to take the camera...but we really did catch a foul ball)
6. Went to the REO Speedwagon/Pat Benetar concert, sat in the 7th row middle and got back stage passes...(my brother in law knows the bass player from REO very well, got us the hook up)....awesome show, and my ears are still ringing....


With Bruce Hall, bass player for REO



7. Took a trip to Topeka to see a taping of the show Pinks All Out .. We got to see a lot of fast cars and had box suite tickets to this as well with free food/drinks...it was nice having air conditioning on such a hot day....

Two rocket cars...man, they were loud... The host of Pinks, All Out, starting a race...
8. Bought a Life is Good "Gotta Run" TShirt on clearance for $7...

9. Got some New Balance shoes to wear test, and I won some Reebok shoes that I am waiting to receive (woo-hoo)
10. Overall, despite the crazy busyness at work, I've had a fun time just hanging out with the family and enjoying the summer...can't believe school starts in less than a month!

PS...Coming soon.....a great Giveaway for you all!

5 comments:

Indi said...

Now that's one fun summer!! Nice!

Felice Devine said...

Sounds like a FUN summer so far!

Jo Lynn said...

Boy, you're short! LOL ;)

Julie said...

This was a fun post! I love the pictures:) Yikes, you are right school does start in a month!?! Holy cow is the summer going by so fast!

Being Robinson said...

meh, summer is for having fun! running will be there in the fall, plus you aren't missing much by not running right now. trust me. hope your summer continues to be fun :)