Friday, March 27, 2009

TGIF Foto Friday



Here is my contribution to Nikemom's foto friday.

This is my 6 year old Bryden.  A week or so ago I taught him how to blow a bubble and he thought it was the coolest thing in the world.  We literally spent an hour just blowing bubbles together while watching the Wichita State vs. Pepperdine baseball game.  I like this pic because he is standing next to a mirror and it looks like there are two of him blowing bubbles.

Running
Got a good midweek 7 mile tempo run in on Wednesday and a couple of easy 3 milers.  I have a 10-11 miler planned for tomorrow, but the weather forecast is calling for between 6 and 16 inches of snow in the next 24 hours, so we'll see.  Yeah, blizzard conditions in late March.  Happy  Spring everyone.

15 comments:

Diana said...

Cool pic! We too are headed for a possible nasty late winter storm this weekend.....all depends on where it tracks!
Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

How fun! Oh the joys of being a kid...

We're gettng a spring storm also. Snow in the forcast, but I doubt it will snow where I live (but other places in the state are getting it).

Mel-2nd Chances said...

that's a very cool picture! Have a great weekend :)

Felice Devine said...

Great pic! I love the image of father and son practicing blowing bubbles, watching the game. That's super!

ShutUpandRun said...

He Oz, here in Denver we also got the blizzard yesterday. We are on snow day #2. Looks like a treadmill day for me. I love your picture. My 7 year old still hasn't figured out the bubble thing.

Julie D said...

What do you mean, "he thinks it is the coolest thing in the world"? It IS!!

Being Robinson said...

Cute picture! Good luck this weekend, I'm holding out for my 14 miles until sunday, hoping this mess that is starting will melt by then! Good luck... hope we aren't stuck in the gym this weekend!

Bootchez said...

I *did* think there were two of them . . . and I remember that exact joy of being a kid and learning something for the first time. I think I whistled for a week when I first learned how . . .

Missy said...

Best of luck with the run...snow sounds like a total buzz kill.

Aka Alice said...

I remember when my son learned to blow a bubble and before he got it, he'd just blow the whole wad of gum out of his mouth...classic :-))

Awesome photo.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

joyRuN said...

I hope you duck the snowstorm this weekend. Enough is enough!

Rookie on the Run said...

That is a great picture!! That is a very important milestone in life- being able to blow a bubblegum bubble. Congrats! :D

I Run for Fun said...

Very cool pic! Aww...sounds like you had a great father-son bonding time!

Shannon said...

I would bag the run or do it on the treadmill if you get THAT much snow. You might risk an injury. You could "get-r-done" on the suckmill.

I love your photo Friday feature.

RunToTheFinish said...

how much snow did you end up with?